Why Buy From Us?
It's to your advantage to buy from Forest Lake Floral Gift & Garden!
Technology has really changed the way flowers are being sold. 1-800-numbers and national websites are in abundance and they all want your business. How should you decide where to buy your flowers?
There are three primary options for your flower order to be handled and filled for local deliveries.
1. A national order gatherer ie: 1-800-Flowers, or FTD.com.
2. An out of state direct shipper ie: Proflowers.
3. Your local florist.
How does each system work, and where is your best value?
1. National Order Gatherers: When you use a national order gatherer like 1-800-Flowers or FTD.com, you are giving your order back to a real florist in the Twin Cities. You are charged a $12.00- $15.00 fee for handling your order, plus the order gatherer keeps 20% of the value of the order before passing it on to the local florist. The order gatherer keeps your delivery and service fee and asks the filling florist to take the cost of delivery out of the value of the flowers. The consumer pays for delivery twice!
You -- Order Gatherer -- Local Florist -- Recipient
2. Out of State Direct Shippers: There are a few companies like Proflowers and Flowers by Martha who specialize in packing flowers in a box and then sending them through Fed Ex so you receive them the next day. The value and freshness are no better than what your local florist can provide, and the person who receives the flowers in a box has to come up with a vase and arrange the flowers themselves.
You -- Direct Shipper -- Recipient
3. When you use your local florist you are dealing directly with the people who are going to fill your order. It's very easy to ask for something special and get great advice on what to send. There are no middlemen, and the money you spend goes into the flowers. If you want to order over the internet, many local florists have excellent websites that allow you to do just that.
You -- Local Florist -- Recipient
By establishing a relationship with us you will:
1. Receive more value and save money.
2. Receive a Seven Day Fresh Flower Guarantee
3. Receive personalized customer service that you deserve.
As your local, family-owned floral, garden and gift provider, we are proud to support and donate back to our community that calls on us to provide our products and services.